AIS Innovation Center
Music Studios - Third Floor
August 2022 - Present
Giovanni Cunha, Willington Urbina
2nd - 5th grades
Through this documentary, we seek to document the growth process of the music program in the period 2021-2023 and to argue the importance of the deep and constant study of music in the cognitive, psycho-emotional, and social development of children.
1. How can the growth of the music program in the period 2021-2023 be evidenced and registered?
2. How can the importance of music education in children's development be argued?
3. Why is music education important for children at an early age?
4. Why should more importance be given to arts education in schools?
1. To generate an audiovisual product that answers the key questions posed in this research:
a. Why is music education important for children at an early age?
b. Why should more importance be given to music education in schools?
2. Document the growth of the music program in the period 2021-2023.
3. To argue, with scientific bases and based on our own experience from the testimonies collected, about the importance of the deep and continuous study of music in the cognitive, psycho-emotional, and social development of children.
There is a lack of understanding in school environments of the importance of music in children's development. Normally, these skills are enhanced in the first grades of school, but as time goes by, the continuation of musical practices is put aside as priority is given to other subjects considered more important. Based on this idea, it is intended to give arguments about the importance of continuing the musical processes in depth in primary and secondary school.
The development process of this documentary was based on the recording of the different activities that have been carried out in the framework of the creation of the music program since 2021.
1. Pre-Production: recording of events, activities, and interviews.
2. Production: Editing by the audiovisual department.
3. Post-Production: Launching and public presentation.
Results and Impact Generated
1. Approval of the hiring of 3 teachers of fixed instruments in the music area to continue expanding the music program and to effectively serve a larger student population.
2. To compete in economic benefit programs with governmental and/or private entities.
3. Generate visibility for the AIS music program.